NCORD's eHealthCard FAQs
NCORD's eHealthCard systems supported by a comprehensive application enhances the health care delivery capabilities that are important to healthcare providers as well as the patients. Knowing how to effectively use it is a completely different story. Listed under is a series of frequently asked questions that would help you in resolving most doubts.
Click on the Question to drop down to the answer.
1. How do I register for the NCORD's eHealthCard system?
You can register for the NCORD's eHealthCard system by visiting the "www.ehealthcardindia.com" > Register option. You can register as a User, Doctor, Receptionist, Chemist or a Pathologist.
2. Is the NCORD's eHealthCard similar to a Health Insurance card?
No, the NCORD's eHealthCard differs from a Health Insurance Card. The NCORD's eHealthCard contains all user information like personal information, emergency contact details, medical history, family history, health reports, and social information as well. Though the NCORD's eHealthCard contains billing details that can be used for insurance claims, it is not an insurance card which might be used for cashless healthcare services.
3. Who benefits from the NCORD's eHealthCard?
The NCORD's eHealthCard is primarily useful for all NCORD's eHealthCard users to maintain their medical history. However, the card is useful to the Doctors (to refer to patient data anytime), to the Chemists (to provide timely online drug availability details) and to the pathologist (to provide online reports to the patients and doctors).
4. Where and how can I use the NCORD's eHealthCard?
You can use the NCORD's eHealthCard in any Hospital which is part of the NCORD's eHealthCard network. The NCORD's eHealthCard can also be used to request for appointment at the pathologist's lab.
5. How can I use the NCORD's eHealthCard?
You can use the NCORD's eHealthCard whenever you visit a hospital or the doctor's clinic to provide your personal and medical history . The information stored on the smart card will be available to the doctors anytime for their reference.
6. How do I pay for the NCORD's eHealthCard?
Payment for the plans chosen by you can be done using the following methods:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card Payment
- Debit Card Payment
7. How much should I pay for NCORD's eHealthCard?
The payment for the NCORD's eHealthCard depends upon the Health Plan chosen by you.
8. If I go to several different hospitals. Will this card work everywhere?
You can only use the card at hospitals that are part of the NCORD's eHealthCard network, provided they have a card reader.
9. How can I view my data entered into the application?
You need to login to the NCORD's eHealthCard website using your user credentials (i.e. user name and card number or email id and password). After authenticating user details you can view your information as categories.
10. Whom do I contact if I am having trouble with the application?
You can contact the Customer Support group either by dialing "add the number here" or you may also send an e-mail to the team at "email@example.com". You can seek assistance using online chat support. You can also find answer to your problems using the Help provided with the application.
11. Can the application be used on a mobile, tablet and other devices?
Yes, you can access the application on your mobile phones and tablets.
12. What if I lose the card?
In case you lose your card, immediately contact the help desk at NCORD's eHealthCard or contact the team at "firstname.lastname@example.org" to request for a new card.
13. Can eHealthCard book appointments for me?
Yes, the system has a feature to book appointments. You can either find it on the Global eHealthCard User > Home page or book a request through Consultation.
14. Do I get any discounts through this card?
At the moment you do not get any discounts through this card.
For NCORD's eHealthCard users
1. How does the NCORD's eHealthCard help the patients?
The NCORD's eHealthCard stores the patient's health data including the medical history and the family history. The patients carry the NCORD's eHealthCard during their visit to the Doctor or Hospital, ensuring that previous medical record is at hand for further diagnosis and medicare. In emergencies, this card can be used by the medicare service providers to access information about the patient and provide appropriate immediate medical attention.
2. Can my family members use my NCORD's eHealthCard?
No, the family members cannot use your card for their medicare. Only the registered users can use the NCORD's eHealthCard. If any member of your family is registered, they can use their card for their medicare. Their name is added to the family history that appears under User > EMR > Family History.
3. How can the NCORD's eHealthCard be used in emergencies? What if the hospital is not a part of the NCORD's eHealthCard Network?
During emergencies the NCORD's eHealthCard carried on person by the patient can be referred to know the patient name and number. Based on this information the Doctors and other medicare professionals registered under the network can access the information immediately . In case, the hospital is not a part of the Network or if the Healthcare professional is not registered, they can use the Guest user login to access information.
4. Can I change the medical history?
No, you cannot change the medical history. The data is added by the Doctors as a part of their consultation and diagnostic process. You can make changes only to the personal information and the social history.
5. Can the eHealthCard be used for Insurance co-payments/claims processing?
Yes, the NCORD's eHealthCard can be used for Insurance co-payment/claims processing. The hospital bills and supporting documents can be uploaded to the Bill Tally function of the application. It can be used for reference by the Insurance companies during the claims processing.
6. Can I add the medical reports and other documents to the eHealthCard application?
No, you cannot add your reports as a part of the medical history. It will be done by either the doctors or the pathologists. However, if required, you can upload reports as supporting documents to the billing information under User > Insurance > Hospital Bills.
7. How do I delete the information from my NCORD's eHealthCard?
NCORD's eHealthCard data cannot be deleted. In an event of revisions, it is logged and activity is recorded.
1. Does it replace the paperwork/prescriptions?
The system will eventually replace the paper work and prescriptions. However, at the moment it runs simultaneously with the manual patient records maintained by all organizations.
2. How do I get access to the patient's records?
As a registered doctor you can access records of all your patients. You have to login using your user name and password. The patient records can be found under My Patient.
3. How can I manage my appointments through this system?
Your patients will send requests for appointment. If you find it suitable you can accept the request. You can keep a check on your appointments using the scheduler.
4. Does it read reports for me?
No, the system does not read the report for you. However, if the narrator settings are set for operating systems like Windows 8, then the reports can be read. The pathological reports for your patients are uploaded to the system by the pathologists under the network which can only be read by you.
5. Can I take the back up of reports in my computer or in hard copies?
Yes, you can backup the reports to your computer or take hard copies of the same. However, it is encrypted with password protection. We advise you not to share the password.
6. Can my subordinate doctors/paramedics fill in patient's details on my behalf?
Yes, your subordinate doctors can enter patients' details. They should be registered practitioners. Paramedics are permitted to enter only some areas pertaining to EMR.
7. How does data entry take place if other consultant is also involved in the treatment?
Decision on data entry has to be mutually taken by the participating consultants. It is preferred that the operating doctor completes the activity. In hospitals with specialised transcriptionists, the activity can be delegated to them.
8. How does this system helps in billing of the patients? Does it take a note/enroll my visit for indoor patients?
The system is equipped to take care of your appointments, note the visit and bill it according to the practitioner. The system is powerfully backed up with a smart information storage system which tracks record directly on patient profile.
9. What is the legal basis for such data keeping?
The system is built on latest HL7 international guidelines. This is directly in support with the EMR guidelines set by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India.
For healthcare providers
1. What are the benefits of the NCORD's eHealthCard to the healthcare providers, hospitals, chemists and pathologists?
The benefits to the healthcare professionals like doctors are as follows:
- Availability of current medical data at all times
- Ability to obtain critical healthcare information from an incapacitated or unconscious patient
- Improved communication and information sharing among healthcare providers, physicians, hospitals, laboratories and pharmacies
- Reduced administrative workload
- Enabling accurate data collection for research purpose, facilitating the evolution from curative medicine to preventive medicine
2. What are the prerequisites for implementation of the EMR system?
For any user to start using the NCORD's eHealthCard, they should have the following:
- The user registration is complete only after the payment is made based on the plan selected by the respective users. The card number is assigned after the registration and subsequent authentication is complete.
- The healthcare provider is a part of the medicare network and has a eHealthCard reader.
- For the application to work on any system, either of the browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 7.0, Mozilla Firefox, among others can be used.
3. I have a Healthcare software installed at my hospital. Do I need to replace that system with the Healthcare application?
The NCORD's eHealthCard application is independent of any Healthcare Software. You need not replace the Healthcare Software you already have in place. Ideally, the NCORD's eHealthCard system is complementary to all such applications.
1. Whom do I contact for help with NCORD's eHealthCard?
You can contact the 24X7 Customer Support group by dialing them or you can write to them by sending an e-mail at "email@example.com". You can seek assistance using online chat support. You can also find answers to your problems using the Help provided with the application.
2. How do I check the status of my Customer Support Query?
An e-mail would be sent to your registered e-mail address within 24 hours. You should follow the procedure specified in the e-mail. In case, the problem is not resolved, write back immediately stating the problem.
3. Whom do I contact for help with a NCORD's eHealthCard online application?
You can contact the 24X7 Customer Support group either by dialing "add the number here" or you write to them by sending an e-mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org". You can seek assistance using online chat support. You can also find answer to your problems using the Help provided with the application.
4. Whom do I contact with medical or health queries?
For any medical or health queries, you can use the Online-chat facility to communicate with the doctors immediately. You need to choose from the location details to find doctors in the area of expertise.
5. Whom do I contact with a complaint or feedback?
For complaints and feedback, write to us at "email@example.com".